Chris Brown’s Lawyer Tries to Get Assault Charge Dropped… And Fails
Chris Brown and his bodyguard Christopher Hollosy will both be in court beginning April 17th in another chapter of his Washington, DC W Hotel assault case despite failed efforts by Brown’s lawyer Mark Geragos to have the case thrown out. Geragos claims the case was “the most investigated misdemeanor of all time,” and that the case should be thrown out due to not being given enough time to prepare for the trial. Also, Police Detective Kimberly Metivier testified saying that Hollosy openly admitted that he did it and not Brown.
“He was yelling on his own accord that he was the one who did it and not to arrest Mr. Brown,” said Metivier, adding that Hollosy said, “I punched him, not Chris.”
Hollosy’s attorney requested to not have this statement used in court as he had not yet been read his Miranda rights. The judge denied the request. Brown did not appear for Monday’s hearing and has turned down a guilty plea deal because as one of his attorneys Danny Onorato said, “Chris Brown’s not guilty.” Brown and Hollosy will be tried seperately with Hollosy case going first on April 17th and Brown’s to begin afterwards. Brown was jailed last month immediately after being thrown out of court mandated rehab last month, causing him to be flown to Washington with U.S. Marshalls to ensure he makes it to court. If convicted, on the 23rd it could be decided if he spends the remainder of his probation in prison or not. Considering how he was thrown out of rehab for touching a female, announcing he did well with guns and refusing to take a drug test after he was doing so well, things aren’t stacking up in his Brown’s favor in court.
Glitzers, do you think Chris Brown is going to ultimately end up in prison after his trial this month?
— Javonni Brustow (@VonniMediaMogul) November 27, 2013
- Glam Shots: ‘Bad Girls Club’ Star Tanisha Thomas is Engaged Again - April 22, 2018
- Accused Anti-Semitic DC Lawmaker Trayon White Threatens His Colleague Brianne Nadeau for Calling for Him to be Censured - April 21, 2018
- Eye Candy: Fitness Trainer Trevor Bell - April 20, 2018
- #ThrowbackThursday: Keke Wyatt & Dondria Surprise Nene Leakes for Her Birthday Singing ‘My First Love’ - April 19, 2018
- Hotep Jesus aka @VibeHi Appears on Fox News’ Laura Ingraham to Discuss His Coffee Reparations Voucher Viral Video - April 19, 2018
- Marlo Hampton Proves Kenya Moore’s been Looking for a White Sugar Daddy WITH RECEIPTS - April 19, 2018
- ‘Cash Me Ousside’ Girl vs Nicki Minaj Round 1: Will Nicki Clap Back or Ignore Her? - April 18, 2018
- Rapper Kodak Black’s Year Prison Sentence Gets Cut In Half & Calls His Arrest a Blessing in Disguise - April 18, 2018
- Kendrick Lamar’s Now the First Rapper to Win the Pulitzer Prize - April 18, 2018
- #StarbucksChallenge: Hotep Author Hotep Jesus aka @VibeHi Goes to Starbucks Demanding a Coffee Reparations Voucher - April 16, 2018