Chris Brown’s Lawyer Tries to Get Assault Charge Dropped… And Fails
Chris Brown and his bodyguard Christopher Hollosy will both be in court beginning April 17th in another chapter of his Washington, DC W Hotel assault case despite failed efforts by Brown’s lawyer Mark Geragos to have the case thrown out. Geragos claims the case was “the most investigated misdemeanor of all time,” and that the case should be thrown out due to not being given enough time to prepare for the trial. Also, Police Detective Kimberly Metivier testified saying that Hollosy openly admitted that he did it and not Brown.
“He was yelling on his own accord that he was the one who did it and not to arrest Mr. Brown,” said Metivier, adding that Hollosy said, “I punched him, not Chris.”
Hollosy’s attorney requested to not have this statement used in court as he had not yet been read his Miranda rights. The judge denied the request. Brown did not appear for Monday’s hearing and has turned down a guilty plea deal because as one of his attorneys Danny Onorato said, “Chris Brown’s not guilty.” Brown and Hollosy will be tried seperately with Hollosy case going first on April 17th and Brown’s to begin afterwards. Brown was jailed last month immediately after being thrown out of court mandated rehab last month, causing him to be flown to Washington with U.S. Marshalls to ensure he makes it to court. If convicted, on the 23rd it could be decided if he spends the remainder of his probation in prison or not. Considering how he was thrown out of rehab for touching a female, announcing he did well with guns and refusing to take a drug test after he was doing so well, things aren’t stacking up in his Brown’s favor in court.
Glitzers, do you think Chris Brown is going to ultimately end up in prison after his trial this month?
— Javonni Brustow (@VonniMediaMogul) November 27, 2013
- Rapper Chamillionaire Wants to Help Deported Illegal Jorge Garcia - January 18, 2018
- ‘Superfly’ is Coming Back Starring Trevor Jackson and Jason Mitchell - January 17, 2018
- #SayWhatNow: George Clinton Says He Wants to Work with Cardi B - January 17, 2018
- Tyga Releases the Video for ‘Temperature’ with His New Kylie Jenner Lookalike - January 16, 2018
- Remy Ma’s Teamed Up with Chris Brown on ‘Melanin Magic’ - January 16, 2018
- No, Donald Trump, You Do Not Get to Call Other Countries Shitholes - January 12, 2018
- Kyle Richards Says NONE of the Men on Real Housewives of New York are Marriage Material - January 12, 2018
- Wendy Williams Made the Rudest, Most Foul Comment About Kylie Jenner’s Pregnancy… And She Deserved It - January 11, 2018
- #AsianSwirl? Is Angelina Jolie Dating a Cambodian Rapper? - January 11, 2018
- Rapper Behind the Song ‘Sellsz Drugs’ Gets 3 Year Sentence for Drug Trafficking - January 11, 2018