Chance the Rapper is Launching an Award Show for Chicago Public Schools
Chicago native Chance the Rapper is probably the most active celebrity supporter of public schools in his hometown. He doesn’t just voice his support but he puts his money where his mouth is. After meeting with the Governor of Illinois pushing for more money for the city’s school system and being turned down, he went in his own pocket and donated. This time he’s announced that he will be creating an award show recognizing “teachers, parents, principals, and students that convey leadership.”
The announcement came during the Social Works Summit his nonprofit The New Chance Fund recently put on. It’s one thing to donate money, but it’s another to do a full on award show, something definitely guaranteed to catch the attention and hopefully garner motivation to the city’s youth. And he’s doing all of this as an independent artist who posts his music online for free. It’s almost unheard of.
As much of a school choice advocate that I am, some attention still has to be paid to public schools. They simply can’t be allowed to rot as much as those competing for tax dollars would like to see it happen. There are still students there and it’s good to see that they are not forgotten. In fact, it is much easier to start a charter school and put your name on it than to try and reform the public school system which is why we tip our hats off to him here at PopGlitz.com.
Glitzers, watch Chance the Rapper at the Social Works Summit announcing his new Chicago Public School awards show:
- Meek Mill Chimed In On Nicki Minaj Roasting Safaree Today - August 14, 2018
- Dannity Kane Just Announced a Reunion Tour with Aubrey O’Day, Dawn Richard, Shannon Bex as DK3 - August 14, 2018
- WAIT: Safaree Says Nicki Minaj Stabbed & Tried to Kill Him + She Says He Hired Prostitutes & Is Calling Him Sis - August 14, 2018
- Rihanna Says She Loves that Her Abuser Chris Brown is Still Obsessed with Her + Her Home Gets Swarmed By Police - August 14, 2018
- UPDATE: Aretha Franklin is Now Under Hospice Care Following Long Cancer Battle - August 14, 2018
- Teairra Mari Just Spilled that Lyrica Anderson is Pregnant – Is It Safaree’s? - August 13, 2018
- #PullUpChallenge: Child Services Reportedly Called On Cardi B for Threatening to Fight a Nicki Minaj Fan - August 13, 2018
- Bethenny Frankel Arrives at Married Boyfriend Dennis Shields’ Funeral Who Died in Trump Tower of an Overdose - August 13, 2018
- Aretha Franklin is Reportedly Surrounded by Family and Gravely Ill in Detroit - August 13, 2018
- Omarosa Begins Firestorm Press Tour on ‘Meet the Press’ with a Secret White House Recording of the Chief of Staff - August 12, 2018