Cardi B Signs Deal with Atlantic Records + Talks “Relationship” with Offset & More in ‘FADER’
From Instagram fame to reality TV stardom to promising rapper, the last 3 years has saw Cardi B become quite the celebrity and her star just continues to shine as the months pass by.
The 24-year-old former stripper covers FADER magazine’s Summer Music Issue, where she is not only red hot, but effortlessly sexy while remaining completely cool at the same time:
Inside her cover story titled Cardi B Did It Her Way, Cardi talks why she always felt that settling for less was the right thing to do, feeling guilty about her family’s struggle with money, and her “relationship” with Migos‘ Offset. Cardi also confirms that she has inked a deal with Atlantic records.
Take a look at a few of the excerpts from her interview and then check out her photoshoot with photographer Samantha Casolari, where she wears paces from Versace, BEN TAVERNITI UNRAVEL, Vintage Dior and ALLINA LIU – just to name a few:
ON WHY SHE USED TO SETTLE FOR LESS: “I was always scared to follow my dreams because if I follow my dreams and I fail, I can’t dream about it anymore. It’s easier to settle for less.”
ON FEELING GUILTY ABOUT HER RISING FAME: “I do feel kind of guilty sometimes ’cause, like, I could buy myself a $5,000 dress or a $3,000 dress and I’m buying these things but I’m knowing that my cousin need money for the rent. And then I gotta tell myself, ‘Stop feeling guilty. You worked for this.’ When I was a stripper, I used to strip like six nights a week. I used to bust my ass. And I didn’t stop [working]. Until today I work just as hard as I did before.”
ON THE CRITICS: “Am I ever gonna grow thick skin? No. I just gotta focus on making money. Cause ain’t no going back. I’m gonna be famous forever.”
ON HER RELATIONSHIP WITH OFFSET: “It’s been a blessing, me meeting him and meeting his friends. I see how hard they work. And that motivated me to work even harder. And I see how good things are going for them and how popping it is to be number one. And I’m like, I want that. A lot of people just see they jewelry and they money, but I don’t think a lot of people see how hard they work for that shit every single day.”
ON BEING SIGNED TO ATLANTIC: “I had a lot of deals on the table but like they gave me the best offer, the one that I don’t have to owe them much, and they just gave me a lot of money so I took it.
They gave the right number, so I chose them. It was significantly more than other [deals]. I heard a lot of good things and they was really eager to work with me so I was just like, if they want to give this money then it’s because they’re really gonna work hard for me.”
- WATCH: Erica Mena Stunts in Someone Else’s Jet & Addresses Bow Wow Breakup in New ‘LHHATL’ Promo - February 17, 2018
- THIRST TRAP: Odell Beckham Jr. Flex’s for The Gram & Shows Off Rock Hard Abs - February 16, 2018
- WATCH: Drake Gives back to the City of Miami in ‘God’s Plan’ Official Music Video - February 16, 2018
- SECURING THE BAG & PEACH: Kenya Moore’s Doctor Visit was a Stunt to Keep Her on the Show - February 15, 2018
- WATCH: Wendy Williams Sips Orange Juice & Details Her ‘Flu-Like Illness’ in Video Update - February 15, 2018
- WATCH: Remy Ma & Chris Brown Celebrate Darkskin Black Women in ‘Melanin Magic (Pretty Brown)’ Video - February 15, 2018
- CUTENESS OVERLOAD: Ciara Shares First Photos of Daughter Sienna Princess Wilson - February 15, 2018
- Cardi B’s Team Reveals that She’s 3 to 4 Months Pregnant? - February 14, 2018
- Wendy Williams Cancels Shows for the Rest of the Week + Almost Passes Out on Live TV Again - February 14, 2018
- Gladys Knight Says She Did NOT Get a Facelift + Cites Good Genes & Great Makeup Artists for Youthful Appearance - February 14, 2018