Cardi B Signs Deal with Atlantic Records + Talks “Relationship” with Offset & More in ‘FADER’
From Instagram fame to reality TV stardom to promising rapper, the last 3 years has saw Cardi B become quite the celebrity and her star just continues to shine as the months pass by.
The 24-year-old former stripper covers FADER magazine’s Summer Music Issue, where she is not only red hot, but effortlessly sexy while remaining completely cool at the same time:
Inside her cover story titled Cardi B Did It Her Way, Cardi talks why she always felt that settling for less was the right thing to do, feeling guilty about her family’s struggle with money, and her “relationship” with Migos‘ Offset. Cardi also confirms that she has inked a deal with Atlantic records.
Take a look at a few of the excerpts from her interview and then check out her photoshoot with photographer Samantha Casolari, where she wears paces from Versace, BEN TAVERNITI UNRAVEL, Vintage Dior and ALLINA LIU – just to name a few:
ON WHY SHE USED TO SETTLE FOR LESS: “I was always scared to follow my dreams because if I follow my dreams and I fail, I can’t dream about it anymore. It’s easier to settle for less.”
ON FEELING GUILTY ABOUT HER RISING FAME: “I do feel kind of guilty sometimes ’cause, like, I could buy myself a $5,000 dress or a $3,000 dress and I’m buying these things but I’m knowing that my cousin need money for the rent. And then I gotta tell myself, ‘Stop feeling guilty. You worked for this.’ When I was a stripper, I used to strip like six nights a week. I used to bust my ass. And I didn’t stop [working]. Until today I work just as hard as I did before.”
ON THE CRITICS: “Am I ever gonna grow thick skin? No. I just gotta focus on making money. Cause ain’t no going back. I’m gonna be famous forever.”
ON HER RELATIONSHIP WITH OFFSET: “It’s been a blessing, me meeting him and meeting his friends. I see how hard they work. And that motivated me to work even harder. And I see how good things are going for them and how popping it is to be number one. And I’m like, I want that. A lot of people just see they jewelry and they money, but I don’t think a lot of people see how hard they work for that shit every single day.”
ON BEING SIGNED TO ATLANTIC: “I had a lot of deals on the table but like they gave me the best offer, the one that I don’t have to owe them much, and they just gave me a lot of money so I took it.
They gave the right number, so I chose them. It was significantly more than other [deals]. I heard a lot of good things and they was really eager to work with me so I was just like, if they want to give this money then it’s because they’re really gonna work hard for me.”
- Michael B. Jordan Shows Off Six Pack Abs + Talks Empowering Women in Essence June 2018 Issue - May 18, 2018
- LISTEN: Jennifer Lopez Featuring Cardi B & DJ Khaled – ‘Dinero’ - May 17, 2018
- BET AWARDS 2018: DJ Khaled Leads with Six Nominations + See Full List of Nominees - May 16, 2018
- HOW COOKIE GOT HER GROOVE BACK: Taraji P. Henson Engaged to Baller Bae Kelvin Hayden - May 14, 2018
- Drake & Migos Announce ‘Aubrey and The Three Amigos Tour’ - May 14, 2018
- Khloe Kardashian Shares First Image of Daughter True Thompson - May 12, 2018
- Azealia Banks Calls Cardi B an Illiterate Untalented Rat + Cardi B Responds & Deletes Instagram Account - May 12, 2018
- LISTEN: Selena Gomez Returns with New Power Pop Love Anthem ‘Back to You’ - May 10, 2018
- EXCLUSIVE: ‘Black Ink Crew: New Orleans’ Currently Filming - May 10, 2018
- Emily B Reveals New Teeth Following Domestic Dispute with Rapper & Boyfriend Fabolous - May 7, 2018