Cardi B Fighting Nicki Minaj at NYFW is the Female Rap Fight We’ve Been Waiting 20 Years for
This weekend rappers Cardi B and Nicki Minaj got into a fight at the Harper’s Bazaar ICONS party during New York Fashion Week at the Plaza Hotel. There’s significance in this because this is the fight we’ve been wanting Nicki Minaj and Lil Kim to have for the last 10+ years. This is the fight we’ve been wanting to see with our own eyes in the last two decades of mainstream female rappers. Sure Kim and Foxy Brown have always been at it but we’ve just wanted to see Kim drag Foxy just one good time. Some of these people probably have fought but we didn’t get to see it. That changed this weekend.
A Harper’s Bazaar employee said Nicki started it by walking on Cardi’s dress tearing it on purpose. This came after Nicki liked a post on Twitter about Cardi needing to take better care of her child. In one of the videos of the incident, Cardi is seen telling Nicki “like something else about my child.”
“It was bad,” said a source. “They were separated by security, but Cardi was still trying to get at her. She took off a giant red shoe and threw it at Nicki — who was being blocked up against a wall by huge security guard.”
And it wasn’t just a shoe involved in the fight. “There was a giant fist full of hair on the floor. One of Cardi’s assistants came and grabbed it and took it with her.” As for the shoe? Sources tell us someone from Nicki’s camp was heard saying “keep it.”
Then there’s Nicki’s friend Rah Ali involved. One witness said Rah Ali jumped into it, and that Cardi B’s dress wound up ripped. “It was ripped totally down the back. Her a– was showing,” said a gobsmacked fashionista of the scene. Another witness said of the melee, “It was everyone’s people,” and, “Cardi’s standing there with her dress ripped and underwear showing and yelling with a bunch of guys holding her back.” One guest’s video allegedly shows Ali “trying to go after Cardi after Nicki was against the wall, and Cardi screaming obscenities.”
After getting escorted with a knot on her head, Cardi wasn’t finished as she made a lengthy statement on Instagram saying “I’ve worked to [sic] hard and come too far to let anybody f–k with my success! Bitches talk all that s–t in they raps but in real life they p—y. This s–t really is for entertainment!”
Cardi B also seemed to claim on Instagram that what set her off were comments about her newborn daughter. She wrote, “I addressed you once in person, I addressed you a second time in person, and every time you copped the plea!! But when you mention my child, you choose to like comments about me as a mother, make comments about my abilities to take care of my daughter is when all bets are f–kin off!!” She went on to say that Nicki was trying to blackball her in the industry telling people she wasn’t going to work with them if they worked with Cardi. And here’s the thing, Cardi isn’t the only person to say this. Lil Kim has said it, K Michelle has said it… this has long been said in the industry and though we don’t condone violence, sometimes you just have to (excuse my French) whoop a heaux.
Cardi B came from Love & Hip Hop and we’ve all seen how they get down on that show. Some say it’s violent and that they all fight. That isn’t necessarily so. Some will act as though they’re going to do something only to get restrained by Security knowing it’ll never get to that point. Cardi isn’t that type. Cardi B is 👏about 👏that 👏action. When she tells you when she sees you ya’ll are going to be fighting, you’d better have your vaseline and sneakers ready. In fact, forget the sneakers because as we can see, on set, in the back alley or a black tie affair, Cardi will bring those hands to any affair. Nicki hasn’t said anything about the affair yet but one thing’s for sure, she’ll think twice before saying something about her again. Nicki can call everyone out but her child molesting brother and the first time someone steps to her she’s hiding behind Security.
Glitzers, do you think Cardi B was justified in fighting Nicki Minaj?
- Ashton Kutcher Hits Teen with His Car Leaving Him Bloody & All the Kid Wanted was a Pic Together in Return - September 20, 2018
- Wiz Khalifa and Lil Skies Party in the Grocery Store in New ‘Fr Fr’ Video - September 20, 2018
- ‘Real Housewives of Atlanta’ Star Kenya Moore Reportedly Wants to Replace Julie Chen on ‘The Talk’ - September 20, 2018
- Actor Joshua Joseph Gillum Shows Us Just How Hung He Actually Is + Is He Gay? - September 18, 2018
- Katt Williams Got Threatened with a Gun by Wanda Smith’s Husband for Roasting Her On Air - September 17, 2018
- Tom Arnold Says ‘Apprentice’ Producer Mark Burnett Choked Him at an Emmy Party - September 17, 2018
- Jamaican Model Clinton Moxam Shows His Cakes Off in the Shower - September 16, 2018
- Sorry Boys, Viral Star Khalil Wells Says Just Because He’s Slept with Guys Doesn’t Mean He’s Gay - September 15, 2018
- Straight Youtuber Tarion Caldwell Says He Wants to be Ate Like Groceries Too - September 15, 2018
- Mariah Carey Releases the Music Video to Her New Single ‘GTFO’ - September 14, 2018