Bow Wow Reveals He Almost Died from Drugs in the Past
Days after rapper Mac Miller overdosed, Bow Wow has weighed in sharing his experiences with drugs. He spent time on Monday tweeting about his lean addiction and his struggles with sobriety. We’ve discussed lean plenty here because a number of rappers have both popularized it as well as ended up having seizures from it. Lil Wayne’s had planes grounded from him drinking lean. People were saying they didn’t expect him to live that long just a couple years ago. And for those who don’t know, lean is a purple drink mixture consisting of prescription strength cough syrup, soft drinks and hard candy like a jolly rancher thrown in it for flavor.
Bow Wow revealed it was in 2007 he first started toying with lean when he recorded the Face Off album with Omarion saying “I was high off lean everyday,” he admitted. “When yall saw me on BET going off on torae i was high off lean. My attitude everything changed. My fans started to…Turn on me my family too.”
If anyone remembers the 2007 Bow Wow, he was getting involved in these absolutely ridiculous beefs having public outbursts, threatening people on social media and everything back then. For him to claim it was drugs makes complete sense because whatever it was, he was definitely off. It at least takes some steam out of the long rumor that he and Omarion were secretly dating.
He went on to say the UCP tour with Chris Brown, he was sipping lean “at least seven times a day.” It only stopped after was sent to the hospital in Cincinnati. “I came off stg and passed out woke up in the hospital i was having withdraws,” he recalled. “I never felt a pain like that ever. It was summer but i was walking round with 3 hoodies on because i was so cold. I missed the Chicago show of that tour Baltimore show BECAUSE I WAS F**KING HIGH AND SICK!!!! that s**t is not cool and i was doing it to be cool!”
In a plea for fans to not make the mistakes he did, he said to make sure you “Kick that sh**.” “Be a good son or daughter. Be the best you. Ima start being more vocal. We gotta save the youth from going out early. Parents watch your kids. Explain to them. We want yall to live man. I almost died f**king with syrup.”
He continued: “DRUG FREE IS THE WAY TO BE! Smarten up tighten up out here. We cant lose no more of you. Not one! I love all yall.”
Bow Wow has been explaining himself for what seems to be a lifetime lately. He became known for the Bow Wow Challenge for lying about being on a jet when he was flying coach, he’s talked about being suicidal and out of it all, after all these years, he’s finally given what seems to be a good, honest explanation about what happened with his career. The year that Bow Wow was at the height of his success, when he really should have been at the top everywhere, he wrecked it being on drugs and never came back. He’s been known to tell so many white lies over the years just trying to keep up with his past success that it never made any sense. At least now we understood. We’re glad to see Bow Wow has sobered up at least and are hoping he stays that way.
- Ashton Kutcher Hits Teen with His Car Leaving Him Bloody & All the Kid Wanted was a Pic Together in Return - September 20, 2018
- Wiz Khalifa and Lil Skies Party in the Grocery Store in New ‘Fr Fr’ Video - September 20, 2018
- ‘Real Housewives of Atlanta’ Star Kenya Moore Reportedly Wants to Replace Julie Chen on ‘The Talk’ - September 20, 2018
- Actor Joshua Joseph Gillum Shows Us Just How Hung He Actually Is + Is He Gay? - September 18, 2018
- Katt Williams Got Threatened with a Gun by Wanda Smith’s Husband for Roasting Her On Air - September 17, 2018
- Tom Arnold Says ‘Apprentice’ Producer Mark Burnett Choked Him at an Emmy Party - September 17, 2018
- Jamaican Model Clinton Moxam Shows His Cakes Off in the Shower - September 16, 2018
- Sorry Boys, Viral Star Khalil Wells Says Just Because He’s Slept with Guys Doesn’t Mean He’s Gay - September 15, 2018
- Straight Youtuber Tarion Caldwell Says He Wants to be Ate Like Groceries Too - September 15, 2018
- Mariah Carey Releases the Music Video to Her New Single ‘GTFO’ - September 14, 2018