Bono Thinks Today’s Music is Girly and the Internet Wants Him to Shut Up
U2 front man Bono sat down with Rolling Stone to promote the group’s latest album Songs of Experience and ended up bashing the entire industry in the process. Usually when artists aren’t able to find success, they blame a shift of industry trends, which is fine because we all fall out of step from time to time. What Bono did however was take a misogynist approach to it by saying today’s music is girly which explains why not only his album sales are not what they would have been at one point in time but why rock and roll’s popularity has declined.
“I think music has gotten very girly,” Bono says. “And there are some good things about that, but hip-hop is the only place for young male anger at the moment – and that’s not good. When I was 16, I had a lot of anger in me. You need to find a place for it and for guitars, whether it is with a drum machine – I don’t care.”
He adds, “The moment something becomes preserved, it is fucking over. You might as well put it in formaldehyde. In the end, what is rock & roll? Rage is at the heart of it. Some great rock & roll tends to have that, which is why the Who were such a great band. Or Pearl Jam. Eddie has that rage.”
The internet has been less than pleased with his remarks slighting not only the music industry but the rest of our tastes with users like delaneykingrox on Twitter saying, “Hey #Bono, you want more anger in music? How about you force us to download another of your fucking unwanted albums again” or inquisitioneu who tweets, “Bono lives directly across Dublin Bay from me. On most days his ego blocks the sun from our garden.”
Remember that time Apple decided to just put U2’s latest album on all of our iPhones whether we wanted it or not? Yea… so not cool. His quote ranks as one of the worst quotes of 2017 by Paste Magazine. One thing he can have solace in is the fact that former President Obama said U2’s music ranked in his top songs of 2017 so at least one person is on his side even if he wants to go into 2018 a raging arsehole. At this point his ego could only be eclipsed by Mariah Carey. She is performing again tonight in Times Square. Let’s see if she decides to pull another diva stunt on national television.
- NFL Player Zay Jones Strips Naked & Tries To Jump Out of 30th Floor Window - March 21, 2018
- VIDEO: Jennifer Lewis Talks About Her Sex Addiction - March 21, 2018
- Youtuber Johnny Trapscott Proves He Can F*cks the Best in Newly Released Videos - March 19, 2018
- LA Modeling Agency MHMM Founder Michael Henry’s Nudes are Out - March 17, 2018
- Cuban American Model Raciel Castro Nude Pics and Videos Found Online - March 17, 2018
- Irish and Black Underwear Model Anthony Gallo Nude - March 16, 2018
- Kate Upton’s Witness in Her Sexual Harassment Case Against Guess Refuses to Speak - March 16, 2018
- Chris Cuomo to Challenge Hannity and Maddow with New Prime Time Show - March 15, 2018
- Eye Candy: Jennifer Lopez’ Ex, Actor & Dancer Casper Smart - March 15, 2018
- Michael Jordan’s Son Marcus Jordan Tweeted a Picture of His D*** - March 14, 2018