#BlackExcellence: The Youngest Chick-Fil-A Franchise Owner is a Black Woman
At a time where race is such a contentious topic, it’s important to celebrate the positives and successes in the black community… such as Chick-Fil-A’s youngest franchise owner being a black woman. Fast food is an industry often looked down upon, but Los Angeles franchise owner Ashley Lamothe is proof that if you do well no matter what position you’re in, you’ll make it to do great things. She started at 15 years old in Atlanta, worked there during her time at Spellman and went on to be chosen to go to L.A. to open the area’s first store at only 20. Six years later she’s now opening the city’s second location in downtown L.A.
“At the time, I thought it was just a great job to have while pursuing my degree in theatre,” says Lamothe. It was at that time she was asked about her long term goals by a restaurant operator.
“I’d never considered it. Sometimes you just need someone to help you see your potential,” says Lamothe.
She changed her major from theater to economics so she could work towards opening her own Chick-fil-A, a goal she reached in 2011, just 5 years after graduating college. The restaurant is across the street from the University of Southern California. Now this spring she’s opening a new location in downtown L.A. at 7th & Fig.
Lamonth is big into team building saying “I want to help them get to where they want to go, whether it’s a career with Chick-fil-A, or studying law or medicine, or anything. I want to help them make that next step, just like so many have done for me.”
She’s recently been awarded with the company’s Symbol of Success award which goes to those with the highest of sales growth across the company.
“It’s humbling to be honored. But I feel like I’m just getting started,” says Lamothe.
This young lady’s been making media rounds getting interviewed by RollingOut magazine, BET and received national attention for her accomplishments. We only hope more black milleniels will look at her story and be inspired to be persistent in their work and realize they too can make it far despite where they are now.
- VIDEO PROOF: Justin Moss aka “Jus2Flyy” is as Hung as He Says He Is - August 18, 2018
- VIDEO: Haitian Model Daniel Royal Georges is Grabbing a Handful of Meat - August 18, 2018
- Atlanta Falcons Lineback Duke Riley’s Nudes Leak - August 17, 2018
- NSFW: Meet Your Packin’ Substitute Teacher, Model BJ Williams - August 17, 2018
- News Flash: Wesley Jonathan is Still Fine + His Nudes Leak - August 17, 2018
- Invite Only Cabo’s King Agu Shows Off His Big D Energy Working Out Naked - August 17, 2018
- Omarosa Explains Why She Supported Trump Despite Believing He Used the N Word - August 16, 2018
- Marshall Price is Showing Off His Favorite Briefs with His Massive Eggplant On Display - August 16, 2018
- Sources Say Kourtney Kardashian “Distanced Herself From Her Sisters” While Dating Younes Bendjima - August 16, 2018
- Trinidadian Model Jovan Campbell aka IronAddictJovan’s Nudes Leak - August 16, 2018