#BlackExcellence: The Youngest Chick-Fil-A Franchise Owner is a Black Woman
At a time where race is such a contentious topic, it’s important to celebrate the positives and successes in the black community… such as Chick-Fil-A’s youngest franchise owner being a black woman. Fast food is an industry often looked down upon, but Los Angeles franchise owner Ashley Lamothe is proof that if you do well no matter what position you’re in, you’ll make it to do great things. She started at 15 years old in Atlanta, worked there during her time at Spellman and went on to be chosen to go to L.A. to open the area’s first store at only 20. Six years later she’s now opening the city’s second location in downtown L.A.
“At the time, I thought it was just a great job to have while pursuing my degree in theatre,” says Lamothe. It was at that time she was asked about her long term goals by a restaurant operator.
“I’d never considered it. Sometimes you just need someone to help you see your potential,” says Lamothe.
She changed her major from theater to economics so she could work towards opening her own Chick-fil-A, a goal she reached in 2011, just 5 years after graduating college. The restaurant is across the street from the University of Southern California. Now this spring she’s opening a new location in downtown L.A. at 7th & Fig.
Lamonth is big into team building saying “I want to help them get to where they want to go, whether it’s a career with Chick-fil-A, or studying law or medicine, or anything. I want to help them make that next step, just like so many have done for me.”
She’s recently been awarded with the company’s Symbol of Success award which goes to those with the highest of sales growth across the company.
“It’s humbling to be honored. But I feel like I’m just getting started,” says Lamothe.
This young lady’s been making media rounds getting interviewed by RollingOut magazine, BET and received national attention for her accomplishments. We only hope more black milleniels will look at her story and be inspired to be persistent in their work and realize they too can make it far despite where they are now.
- Kim Zolciak Turns 40 + Nene Leakes’ Husband is Out of the Hospital - May 24, 2018
- Caitlyn Jenner Says All Her Children Have Moved On from Her with their Lives - May 23, 2018
- LOL: Michael Blackson Says Dolce & Gabbana Doesn’t Have a Dressing Room Big Enough for His Motombo - May 23, 2018
- The Church of Beysus is Now a Thing as Beyonce Buys a New Orleans Church - May 23, 2018
- Kim Kardashian Takes her Kids to Disneyland + Takes a Nude Pic for Her Fragrance - May 22, 2018
- Convicted Wire Fraud Felon Cherita Whiting Represents DC Government Corruption at its Finest - May 21, 2018
- Eye Candy Round 2: Florida Fitness Trainer Bain of Black Raw Fitness + Eggplant Bonus - May 21, 2018
- Eye Candy: #Throwback: DC Model Steven Johnson with Locks - May 20, 2018
- Offset Shares Gruesome Car Crash Photos that He Says Could Have Killed Him + Shady Details About the Accident - May 19, 2018
- Caitlyn Jenner’s 21 Year Old Rumored Girlfriend Sophia Hutchins Takes a Pic In Her Bed - May 19, 2018