Beyonce Announces Formation Scholarship Program for Women
To celebrate the one year anniversary of her sixth studio album LEMONADE, Grammy-winning artist Beyonce has decided to give back to some young women in the world with her new scholarship program, which empowers and encourages women to follow their passions and dreams through education.
The Formation Scholars Award will award four college scholarships in the 2017-2018 school year, allowing students to pursue and focus their ambitions in the arts and humanities:
Released on Apri l23, 2016, LEMONADE is Beyonce’s second visual album, following 2013’s eponymous and concept album. Consisting of genres such as R&B, reggae fusion, blues, country and trap, the album featured guest vocals from James Blake, Kendrick Lamar, The Weeknd and Jack White.
The record was widely acclaimed by critics, who considered it as Beyonce’s best and boldest work to date. Upon its release, LEMONADE debuted at #1 on the Billboard 200 Albums chart with sales of 485,000 copies. To date it has sold 1.5 million copies in the United States, making it the country’s third-best-selling album of the year, and 2.5 million worldwide.
- Michael B. Jordan Shows Off Six Pack Abs + Talks Empowering Women in Essence June 2018 Issue - May 18, 2018
- LISTEN: Jennifer Lopez Featuring Cardi B & DJ Khaled – ‘Dinero’ - May 17, 2018
- BET AWARDS 2018: DJ Khaled Leads with Six Nominations + See Full List of Nominees - May 16, 2018
- HOW COOKIE GOT HER GROOVE BACK: Taraji P. Henson Engaged to Baller Bae Kelvin Hayden - May 14, 2018
- Drake & Migos Announce ‘Aubrey and The Three Amigos Tour’ - May 14, 2018
- Khloe Kardashian Shares First Image of Daughter True Thompson - May 12, 2018
- Azealia Banks Calls Cardi B an Illiterate Untalented Rat + Cardi B Responds & Deletes Instagram Account - May 12, 2018
- LISTEN: Selena Gomez Returns with New Power Pop Love Anthem ‘Back to You’ - May 10, 2018
- EXCLUSIVE: ‘Black Ink Crew: New Orleans’ Currently Filming - May 10, 2018
- Emily B Reveals New Teeth Following Domestic Dispute with Rapper & Boyfriend Fabolous - May 7, 2018