Becky G Having “Girlfriend Issues” in New Power Rangers Reboot
The new and highly anticipated Power Rangers live action movie is set to release March 24th nationwide. It may be the first blockbuster title to feature a LGBT superhero in Trini, Becky G, the yellow ranger.
Apparently, this is done to highlight the personal journey of the teenage rangers as they attempt to find out who they are as individuals while fighting to save the world.
Via The Guardian:
“According to early reviews of the film, the character of Trini the Yellow Ranger, played by the pop star and actor Becky G, is revealed in one scene to be having ‘girlfriend problems’, a moment that the film’s director has described as ‘pivotal’ in the film.
‘For Trini, really she’s questioning a lot about who she is,’ Power Rangers director Dean Israelite told the Hollywood Reporter. ‘She hasn’t fully figured it out yet. I think what’s great about that scene and what that scene propels for the rest of the movie is, ‘That’s OK.’ The movie is saying, ‘That’s OK,’ and all of the kids have to own who they are and find their tribe.’ “
- Happy Birthday to Radio Icon and Legend Doctor Michael Savage - March 31, 2017
- Shanghai Catwalks Are For The Dogs - March 31, 2017
- Usher and Ex-Wife Tameka Remember Tragic Death of Their Son - March 30, 2017
- Power Rangers Film Review: Needed Less Talk and More Action - March 27, 2017
- Mike Epps’ Wife Wants $109k a Month Divorce Settlement - March 22, 2017
- Stephen King’s “It” Remake Set for September 2017 Release - March 21, 2017
- Becky G Having “Girlfriend Issues” in New Power Rangers Reboot - March 20, 2017
- Amy Schumer Blames Alt-Right for Her Failing Netflix Special Ratings - March 19, 2017
- Tyrese Claps Back Against Women and Weaves Yet Again - March 17, 2017
- Bow Wow Threatens to Pimp Melania Trump while Defending Snoop Dogg - March 15, 2017