August Alsina Says He Has Liver Disease & Not to Treat Him Like a “F*ckin Cancer Patient”
In a cryptic Instagram post over the weekend, R&B singer August Alsina asked his fans to pray for him, his illness and that they should take care of themselves. Without immediately knowing what the illness was, in 2014 he passed out on stage and was hospitalized for days on end and have to have surgery to keep him from losing his eyesight. Some lumped up his collapsing on stage with Lil Wayne, Rich Homie Quan or any of the other rappers who have been having seizures from drinking lean (codeine and juice mixed), but this was proven to be more serious.
In an interview with his friend Jada Pinkett Smith, he opened up about now having liver disease and the daily struggle he goes through.
“The reality is that I’m sick all the time,” he told the actress. “I don’t really like to talk about it because I’m not looking for anybody’s sympathy. Don’t treat me like I’m a f–king cancer patient, because I’m not.”
“Please excuse my defense mechanism in this clip. I’m sicker than ever & having a hard time accepting what I feel & what the Doctors are saying is most true.”
After sitting down and talking with my father’s mother and sister.. They explained to me that sickness & illness runs in my family. My father & grandfather both died of severe illness. But they were FIGHTERS & that’s all that matters. Just ride with me is all I ask.”
We are hoping for the best for August Alsina. It’s always hard to see young people facing grave illness, and especially an artist who has for the most part been a respectable and wholesome artist since his debut.
Glitzers, watch August Alsina publicly discuss his health challenges with Jada Pinkett Smith below:
I've been living my life in so much dis-ease that I've literally created it within myself… God has invested something inside of me, But I am not afraid of this Agony because I know that God pulls us back to shoot us FORWARD. ? & To my lovely and loyal fans.. Please take care of yourself and your bodies & your SOULS. A beautiful face will fade, a beautiful body will too fade, but a beautiful soul is that FOREVER. I have so much to share, until I do.. Please say a prayer ?? -AA
For Media & Business inquiries re Communication needs, News Commentary, Copywriting, Brand Promotion & Social Media http://t.co/0m6d1PliAi
— JaVonni Brustow ? (@VonniMediaMogul) March 6, 2015
- Heather Locklear Admitted to the Hospital for Psych Evaluation After Threatening Suicide - June 18, 2018
- Rapper XXXTenacion Dies at 20 Following Gunshot in Miami - June 18, 2018
- Tori Spelling Gets Embarrassed by the Internet Posting Photoshopped Bikini Pic & Deletes It - June 18, 2018
- Meghan Markle’s Dad Continues to Open His Big Mouth Embarrassing the Royal Family - June 18, 2018
- Eye Candy: New York Personal Chef Calvin Myers - June 18, 2018
- Beyonce and Jay-Z Release Joint Album on Tidal Where Jay’s Accused of Fraudulently Inflating Streaming Numbers - June 16, 2018
- Even the Producers of the Real Housewives of New York Are Tired of Bethenny & Jill Zarin Fighting - June 16, 2018
- Charlie Sheen Reveals He Makes His Hookers Sign NDA Agreements, Just Like Trump Amid HIV Exposure Lawsuit - June 16, 2018
- Khloe Kardashian is Hoping Acrobatic Sex will Keep Tristan from Cheating - June 16, 2018
- Eye Candy: Arizona Fitness Enthusiast Rod Harris - June 15, 2018