Agent to the Stars: Sally Forster Jones Talks Labels and Fashion as a Top Beverly Hills Real Estate Agent
Sally Forster Jones is a top realtor in the Beverly Hills area known for the most expensive listing in the world at the time a few years ago, a $150 million listing owned by Candy Spelling, the wife of the late television mogul Aaron Spelling. Sally has been bringing closing around $300 million in annual sales as of late and did an interview with the L.A. Business Journal giving pointers on fashion and what brings her style together. She’s listed a former home of Ronald Reagan, the once home of Billie Burke who played Glinda the Good Witch in 1939 and anytime you have this type of clientele, you should at least attempt to look the role while on the job.
Dressing the part for a job can actually make you more productive at what you do according to men’s fashion consultant and author Andy Gilchrist. “How you dress influences not only the people who see you, but how you feel and how you work. A study from the Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University found that when people dress up for a role, they actually become better at it,” Gilchrist says. He notes that when researchers asked study participants to perform tests while wearing lab coats, they made only half as many mistakes on the tests as those who were wearing their street clothes. “If you feel like you are dressed smarter and more professionally, you will actually act smarter and more professionally. The subjects in the lab coats took a more methodical and scientific approach to problem solving and cut their errors in half.”
If you’re wondering where to start when it comes to taking notes from the style handbook of this top broker, a stroll through Rodeo Drive is a must. Dior, Saint Laurent, Jimmy Choo, Hermès and Fendi are key pieces in her closet she says. Her approach of dressing is a combination of her personal style and what she expects of her clients.
“Real estate brokers as a whole have their own personality,” Forster Jones said. Even in the most luxurious properties “you’ll have some showing the property wearing torn jeans.”
We gather that anyone who spends their spare time on Rodeo Drive, that’s likely not something you’d catch them in. And it isn’t that she’s pretentious in her clothing regarding wearing top fashion brands, she clearly can afford it She’s done over $5 billion in deals in her career. A 3% commission on a $3 million home comes to $90,000. There’s nothing wrong with a little personal reward, especially if it’s going to bring in more money in the end.
“I’m always dressed, and I always have myself put together,” she said. “That’s really the image that I present and that I feel comfortable with, a more sophisticated kind of look and feel. And that’s what the clients expect as a part of my image.”
“I think about who the client is going to be,” she said.
Flats might be pulled out for the conservative client, coupled with a more traditional purse while the less conservative ones get the “fun’ looks, she says. Either way, expect pops of color.
“Even if it’s a black dress, I might wear a lime green jacket, a colorful pair of shoes,” Forster Jones said.
“It’s the people who are not afraid to wear a little color who get noticed a little bit faster” Chicago-based wardrobe stylist Tamika Martell-Price said to Realtor Magazine, so Sally’s right in her color choices. “[They’re] more memorable,” she says. “A color that works for you brings a certain energy. … A great way to have a presence is to add some color or maybe add a statement piece or a boldly colored bag if you’re a little [timid]. Infuse it in your shoes, your handbag, or your tops.”
“You’re not always right, but you come up with what you think the target buyer is, and what they want to see,” she said. “For them, it’s painting that whole Hollywood picture, what they’ve seen on TV, (finding) what they imagined. Maybe they imagined themselves lying by the pool with a glass of champagne. (It’s about) making the property exciting, but hard to get, and a little bit elusive.
A luxury estate has to have something that makes it special.”
- Omarosa Explains Why She Supported Trump Despite Believing He Used the N Word - August 16, 2018
- Marshall Price is Showing Off His Favorite Briefs with His Massive Eggplant On Display - August 16, 2018
- Sources Say Kourtney Kardashian “Distanced Herself From Her Sisters” While Dating Younes Bendjima - August 16, 2018
- Trinidadian Model Jovan Campbell aka IronAddictJovan’s Nudes Leak - August 16, 2018
- R&B Legend and “Queen of Soul” Aretha Franklin Has Passed Away at Age 76 - August 16, 2018
- VIDEO: Ace Hood Gets Hot & Sweaty in the Gym - August 16, 2018
- Teyana Taylor Quits Jeremih’s Tour Calling Him a Lazy, Sneaky, Conniving Diva Sitting in His “Princess Chair” - August 15, 2018
- Safaree Gets Offered a $500k Book Deal + Endorsement with Hair Club For Men After Nicki Twitter Beef - August 15, 2018
- Kylie Jenner & Travis Scott React to Nicki Minaj Exposing Kylie’s Ex Tyga for Getting Hair Transplant Surgery - August 15, 2018
- Lyrica Anderson Gets Confirmed as Pregnant + Roccstar Claims He Slept with Her Too So Who’s the Father? - August 15, 2018