100 and More Reasons to Avoid a Cult and 1 Church That Might Be a Cult
There is really only 1 necessary reason to not join a cult, because it is a cult! However, it may be difficult to tell if a group, organization, or even a church is a cult. Yes, even some churches can be a cult if not cult-like. One instance up for debate is Deliverance Bible Church of Hurst, TX.
The leader of this organization, Cleetus Adrian, does not like his members going to other churches or questioning is fallible doctrine. Shortly PopGlitz will be releasing more information on this subject. For now check out this press release from a group of former members and victims of the cult like practices of Deliverance Bible Church.
Punk rock pastor is controlling narcissist
Deliverance Bible Church in Hurst, TX is popular in the media as a “punk rock” church. A quick YouTube search shows many TV appearances by the pastor, Cleetus Adrian, including one on TLC’s Miami Ink. Recently, the pastor was caught on video cursing ex-members of his church. This caused ex-members to band together and reveal the spiritual abuse that has been going on in this church since it’s inception. Discussions within this group of ex-members has also caused members to question how Cleetus used tithe money.
The psychological damage done to these former members has taken years to heal from. The leader is authoritarian, narcissistic, and says he is anointed. The church is secretive and discourages questions from members. The members are told they are spiritually superior to “religion”. They are asked to tithe whole paychecks and then God will prosper their families. The pastor has no accountability and often says “God told him” to do unreasonable or unbiblical things. Guilt and pressure from the group is used to control. Everything is made spiritual and members are encouraged to not use their logical brain. Former members are sharing their stories at ConcernedAboutDBC.com.
- Happy Birthday to Radio Icon and Legend Doctor Michael Savage - March 31, 2017
- Shanghai Catwalks Are For The Dogs - March 31, 2017
- Usher and Ex-Wife Tameka Remember Tragic Death of Their Son - March 30, 2017
- Power Rangers Film Review: Needed Less Talk and More Action - March 27, 2017
- Mike Epps’ Wife Wants $109k a Month Divorce Settlement - March 22, 2017
- Stephen King’s “It” Remake Set for September 2017 Release - March 21, 2017
- Becky G Having “Girlfriend Issues” in New Power Rangers Reboot - March 20, 2017
- Amy Schumer Blames Alt-Right for Her Failing Netflix Special Ratings - March 19, 2017
- Tyrese Claps Back Against Women and Weaves Yet Again - March 17, 2017
- Bow Wow Threatens to Pimp Melania Trump while Defending Snoop Dogg - March 15, 2017